New Jersey Divorce Attorney Tanya L. Freeman
Partner, Weiner Law Group LLP
Tanya L. Freeman, Esq. has been selected by the Hudson County Bar Association as Family Lawyer of the Year for 2016.
Tanya L. Freeman has earned the respect of her peers in the legal community and the trust of clients with cases involving divorce, family law, child custody, child support, alimony and domestic violence. It is with great honor that she has been selected by the Hudson County Bar Association as Family Lawyer of the Year for 2016.
Call (973) 352-8713
New Jersey Divorce Attorney Tanya L. Freeman is a partner at Weiner Law Group LLP in Parsippany, New Jersey where she focuses her practice on family law. Tanya is an accomplished attorney who provides legal representation in all aspects of family law, including divorce, child and spousal support, child custody, interstate custody and relocation disputes, as well as domestic violence matters.
Prior to the practice of law, Tanya spent fifteen years in key roles leading audit teams in the banking and insurance industries. Tanya’s extensive corporate audit background enhances her ability to effectively represent clients with high net worth cases involving significant assets as well as cases concerning owners of closely held businesses. Tanya has represented clients in cases involving professional athletes, television personalities, and other high profile celebrities.
In 2014, Tanya was appointed by the Governor to a five-year term on the Board of Directors for University Hospital in Newark, where she serves as the Chair of the Governance, Ethics and Legal Committee. Tanya has been selected as a Rising Star in the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers published by Thomson Reuters for 2016 and 2017. She was also elected to serve on the Board of Trustees for the Hudson County Bar Association in 2016. Her community involvement includes her current role as Chairperson for the Circle of Red Campaign for the Northern New Jersey American Heart Association.
Tanya has lectured on custody and child support law to fellow attorneys on behalf of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Institution for Continuing Legal Education. She earned her undergraduate degree cum laude from Caldwell College and her juris doctorate cum laude from Touro College, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center.
- 2015 Desai v Desai, App. Div. 2015
Memberships and Civic Activities:
- Board of Directors, University Hospital Newark, NJ
- Board of Trustees, Hudson County Bar Association
- Chair, University Hospital Governance, Ethics & Legal Committee
- Hudson County Vicinage Minority Concerns Committee/Chair, Juvenile Justice/Family Court Subcommittee
- Hudson County Superior Court, Voluntary Civil Mediator
- Ten Things to Consider Before You Say “I Do” Union County Women’s Journal, April 2014
- Your Legal Check Up Union County Women’s Journal. May 2014
- Caldwell College, B.A. Political Science
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, J.D.
- State of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- The Top 40: Matrimonial Law’s Greatest Hits – Custody and Relocation – New Jersey ICLE – 2016
- The Top 40: New Spins on the Oldies but Goodies – Hot Tips in Family Law – New Jersey ICLE – 2016