Tanya L. Freeman is a partner and Co-Chair of the Family Law Department at Weiner Law Group LLP in Parsippany, New Jersey. Tanya is an accomplished attorney who provides legal representation in all aspects of family law, including divorce, child and spousal support, child custody, interstate custody, and relocation disputes, as well as domestic violence matters.
Prior to the practice of law, Tanya spent fifteen years in key roles leading audit teams in the banking and insurance industries. Tanya’s extensive corporate audit background enhances her ability to effectively represent clients with high net worth cases involving significant assets as well as cases concerning owners of closely held businesses. Tanya has represented clients in cases involving professional athletes, television personalities, and other high profile celebrities.
Tanya has lectured on custody, child support, and relocation law to fellow attorneys on behalf of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Institution for Continuing Legal Education. She earned her undergraduate degree cum laude from Caldwell College and her juris doctorate cum laude from Touro College, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center.
- Family Lawyer of the Year – Hudson County Bar Association 2016
- Recognized by the New Jersey Law Journal – as one of the Diverse Attorney of the Year 2017-18.
- Recognized by New Jersey Monthly Magazine as one of the Best Lawyers for Families in New Jersey 2018.
- Rising Star – New Jersey Super Lawyers published by Thomson Reuters, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Member, Board of Directors, University Hospital, Newark, New Jersey 2014 – Present.
- Chair, Governances, Ethics and Legal Committee, University Hospital 2014 – Present.
- Hudson County Bar Association, Board of Trustees 2016 – Present
- Circle of Red Chairperson, Northern New Jersey American Heart Association 2016.
- The Domestic Violence Statute and Pop Culture – New Jersey State Bar Association Mid-Year Meeting – Madrid, Spain – Oct. 2017
- Top Ten Family Law Cases – ICLE Family Law Summer Institute – New Brunswick, New Jersey – July 2017
- Attorney Ethics in Family Law – New Jersey State Bar Association 2017 Annual Convention– Atlantic City, New Jersey – May 2017
- Hot Tips In Family Law – New Jersey Institute of Continuing – New Brunswick, New Jersey – Legal Education – November 2016
- Custody and Relocation – Top 40: Matrimonial Law’s Greatest Hits – New Brunswick, New Jersey – April 2016